If you’re selling your car to someone in Montreal, importing it there, or moving to Montreal and taking your vehicle with you, you need a professional auto transport company.
With the help of a professional, you will avoid all the hassles of dealing with customs at the border or driving the vehicle by yourself to over 3000 miles. Read on to know more about CA to Montreal car transport.
What’s to Cost to Ship a Car from California to Montreal, Canada?
The car shipping cost depends on several factors, so we cannot give you a sure-shot answer to this. Things like the type of vehicle, its weight and dimensions, total distance, type of service, mode of transport, and additional services like expedited shipping can drastically change the cost.
However, we can give you a general idea of car shipping cost from California to Montreal, and that is $200 to $800 if it’s a regular sedan and you’re transporting via ground without any additional services like fast shipping.
How Long it takes for Car Transport From California to Montreal, Canada?
This is again something that cannot be answered with 100% surety. A lot of factors like traffic conditions, weather situation, and time of the year change the time it takes to move a car. However, if we just talk about a general estimate, then the total distance between Canada and Montreal is 3000 miles almost.
If you cover the distance by car, it will take you almost 3-4 days to get there if the traffic conditions are not too chaotic. Since transportation trucks are very large in size and carry a lot of weight, it can take them double the time. So at least 8 days to get to Montreal, Canada, from California.
What’s California to Montreal Car Shipping Procedure?
The process for shipping a car from CA to Montreal is pretty straightforward. Here are a few steps to take:
- Find a Pro Car Transporter: The most important step of the process. What you need to do is search for top car shipping companies from CA to Canada on Google. Then open the websites that pop up first, check for their reviews, call the ones with the best testimonials.
- Get Quote: To receive car shipping quotes, give every shingle detail about the car that they ask with full accuracy. Tell them the right pickup and drop-off addresses and the kind of transport you need, like enclosed or open.
- Schedule a Pickup: Once you get the car shipping quotes, hire the company you think has the best reviews online and is offering the best price as well, basically the balance of both. Then, decide the date of car pickup. Even the best companies can cause a delay of a day or two when picking up your car so if you cannot afford that, get a binding quote that guarantees timely pickup.
- Prepare Inspection Report: Once the carrier arrives at your location to pick up the vehicle, prepare an inspection report by documenting the car’s existing condition and taking lots of pictures. Then take the carrier’s signature and hand the car over to him.
- Delivery of Car: Once the car arrives at its destination, match its condition with the inspection report and sign the receiving form if everything matches. If there are additional damages to the car, file a claim with the company using an inspection report.
Shipping your car thousands of miles away to California can be daunting, but it can be very rewarding with a professional car shipping company. It’s affordable, hassle-free, and offers peace of mind.